Resources in English
Find this page at:
Community Garden Primers
- How to Organize an Allotment Community Garden, NCSU AG-727
- Food Safety for School and Community Gardens
- Collard Greens and Common Ground: A North Carolina Community Food Gardening Handbook. Click the PDF icon near the bottom of the right column of the publication for a print ready version. Purchase a Hardcopy, $12 + shipping.
Extension’s Community Development Program is a network that works collaboratively with local communities to harness local resources in building stronger communities and local economies.
- Cultivating Community: A Training Manual to Engage with Diversity in Community Food Systems
- The Role of Local Government in Creating Healthy, Livable Neighborhoods
Composting and Organic Matter
Cooperative Extension Resources
- Ask Extension – Ask an Expert offers one-to-one expert answers from Cooperative Extension/University staff and volunteers within participating Land-Grant institutions from across the United States. Ask a question, or search answers to past questions.
- Journal of Extension – The official refereed (peer-reviewed) journal of the U.S. Cooperative Extension System. The Journal of Extension is a fully open-access, quarterly journal. Everyone can search and read current and past issues.
- North Carolina AG Chem Manual – Integrated Pest Management Strategies for insects, diseases, weeds, animals
- One Search – This service allows you to search the resources provided by your Cooperative Extension Service using a Google Custom Search Engine that includes many of the Cooperative Extension web sites provided by your Land-Grant institutions.
- Eat Smart, Move More NC
- Choose My Plate
- North Carolina Nutrition Services
- USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center