Center for Disease Control Recommendations for Outdoor Gardens
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
Promote Healthy Behaviors
Maintain Healthy Environments
- Modifications to promote social distancing
- Safe operations
- Cleaning and disinfection
Plan for what to do if a staff member, volunteer, or gardener gets sick by
referring to relevant sections in CDC’s Considerations for Community-Based Organizations.
For detailed recommendations in each of these areas see the CDC website.
- Food and Food System Resources During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Considerations for Food Pantries and Food Distribution Sites
- Considerations for Outdoor Farmers Markets
- Communication Resources
- For more information on COVID-19 and food, see FAQ pages from the S. Food and Drug Administrationexternal icon and the U.S. Department of Agriculturee
Thxternal iconThanks to Joni Young-Torres, Pitt County, for sharing this information.