Dig in! Weaving Edible Landscapes—Urban Ag and Community Gardens—into the Fabric of Our Communities
8th Annual Dig In!
March 4, 2017, 8:15 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Marbles Kids Museum,
201 East Hargett Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Registration: $15 until 1/31, $25 after
Community Gardens, School Gardens, Urban Ag and Gardens at Childcare Centers.
- keynote: Uniting Neighborhoods–Growing Food and Community, Creating Art and Culture by Soyini Guyton, Frogtown Farm
- interactive, educational booths
- 3.5 hours professional development for WCPSS teachers and child care staff
Who Is Invited?
Anyone with an interest in building and serving community, connecting people with local foods, increasing access to healthy, fresh produce; and growing local food systems! Especially:
- Child care center directors and staff
- Churches and other faith-based organizations
- Business leaders
- Municipal planning and parks and recreation staff
- Nonprofit organizations
- Extension Master Gardener Volunteers