Brenda Chunn <email@example.com> shares a list of summer/fall activities such as:
- Canning Peaches which will end with a peach ice cream social.
- Canning Corn which will end with a meal of okra, corn, and tomatoes.
- Pumpkin carving contest in the fall when the pumpkins come off as well as a pumpkin pie contest.
- We did a mobile mammography that allowed uninsured women the opportunity to get free service.
- We also do a backpack weekend food assignment with Cleveland Elementary school and the Food for Thought program.
- We have applied to be a summer breakfast food site and we will include a morning stretch physical activity.
- Agriculture teachers from WRHS are going to give of time and talent and do a week MASOO (Math Agriculture Science Options and Opportunity) camp
We really need a van/bus so if you hear of one we can afford on a shoestring budget please keep us in mind.
For more information see the Mount Vernon Community Garden Facebook page.